Friday, February 11, 2011

Updates

First Update-Abigabagoo!


This is from Abigail's Caringbridge site...wanted to share the doctor's report on Abigail's hip surgery so everyone can pray for her!

Abigail is a little gymnast and there is no pizza wedge in the world that is going to stop her from flipping in her bed at night!!!  Nothing stops this cute Little Trooper!!!

Gentry's entry on Abigail's caringbridge


Today I took Abigail to the orthopedic dr for a check up. It has been around five months since her hip surgery last Sept. They took an X-ray of her hips and discovered that her right hip is not forming correctly despite the surgery. The ball is not in the socket and her body has a slight curve because of it. I asked, why and how it could do this with plates in her hips to stop this very thing from happening. The dr said that our brain is very powerful and for some reason her brain is telling her to hold her leg a certain way that makes her hip come out of the socket. So, she prescribed a "wedge" for her to sleep with for three months until our next check up. This wedge is is to go between her legs to keep her hips in the correct position to hold her ball and socket together and hopefully this will correct the problem. So, she will be sleeping with her legs in a open position as if she had a pizza slice between her legs. If this wedge doesn't work then she will have to have a cast. Yuck. If that doesn't work she might have to have surgery again down the road. Double yuck. Her left leg looked great! The dr said to keep on with all of her therapy and using her stander at home as long as it doesn't seem painful. I don't think she is in pain. She might not be able to talk but she can communicate when she doesn't like something.

Please pray that this wedge works and that she will tolerate it while still being able to sleep. 

Thanks,
Gentry






I just have to share this...Gentry called me today and gave Abigail the phone and I was talking to her in our own little language and then Abigail said "Ba Ba" on the phone (which is what she calls me)...usually I have to coach her into saying it but she just said on the phone like there was nothing to it...talk about melting my heart...good thing we were not at Wal-Mart because I would have gotten her any toy she wanted!  I love this girl.

She was also in a really good mood and was laughing so hard that I had to ask Gentry if she was laughing or crying.  The child was hilarious...she kept taking the phone from Gentry and throwing it across the room and busting out laughing...which made me bust out laughing...which made Gentry bust out laughing until Abigail threw the phone a little lower than usual and busted Gentry in the mouth...oops!

Please pray for her as well because she has a little sinus infection...I am sure she is fast asleep right now and may have pulled her wedge off her legs so she probably looks like this...one of my favorite pictures...I wish I could just jump through the computer screen and pick her up so I could cuddle with her!


Second Update


Like I said...100% of the money given to this foundation goes straight to these special people and their families.  The foundation has given money to a church that will be re-doing an entire house for a Lady who is taking care of 2 special needs children and a special needs mother. After the house is completed and made wheel chair and handicap accessible...this sweet lady will be able to take her mother out of the nursing home and bring her home with the rest of her family where she longs to be...AMAZING! I think it is incredible what this church is doing...talk about taking the church out of the four walls and truly helping people.  This house is going to change this families life.  I will update with pictures as soon as I can.


Third Update

As the money flows into the foundation...we continue to keep the flow going straight to the families.  A huge need was brought to my attention about a week ago that I would have never ever thought of and I am not going to share all of the details at this time because I am going to share another blog about it later but a family shared with me that they are saving money to provide a special needs fund for their child.  I had no clue what a special needs fund is but basically the fund is a lot different then for the other children.  In the case that something were to happen to the child's parents...the special needs fund will be set up so that the child will be taken care of medically so that in no case the medical bills or therapies will be a financial burden on the people the parents have chosen to take care of their children.  Most importantly...if a special needs fund is not set up and the chosen guardians can not pay for the medical bills, surgeries, etc... then the state could take the child and place them in an institution...what a complete nightmare that would be for the parents.  So...the foundation has also given money to an amazing family to help with this special needs will.


Thank you, thank you, thank you for all of you that have given money for this foundation to help the most wonderful children in the world.  Here are some pictures of the kids I want to share because they are just so darn precious...


 Austin (I know he is not a kid but he is still so darn precious or rather a complete Stud)

Charlie making Sam laugh...so precious!

Colin has the sweetest smiles!

Beautiful Ava!

Kyle the Rockstar!

Little Musician...Gabby!

And this is Austin as a little Stud...sorry Austin...I had to post the picture...it is so cute!

This is little Charlie (Sam's twin bro)...Charlie says..."Peace out until next time!"

No comments:

Post a Comment