Tuesday, February 22, 2011

His Kingdom Can NOT be Shaken

Thank God that His Kingdom Never Fails

I get e-mails sent to me everyday that contains bible verses and devotions and I believe these verses in the book of Hebrews are absolutely perfect for this week.  I have talked to many people this week about life and for most I have talked with...it has just been hard.  Today is a hard day for me too...a day that reminds me of tragedy and the loss of people in my life but today this verse helped me to focus my eyes on Jesus and to remind myself that nothing can shake me in His unshakable kingdom.

Devotion in Bold
Therefore let us be grateful for receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, and thus let us offer to God acceptable worship, with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire. 
Hebrews 12:28,29
We can easily be shaken by our circumstances, but remember that you've received a kingdom that cannot be shaken. You serve a God Who cannot be denied. Take every bit of your confidence (or lack thereof), insecurity and weakness and submit them to these truths. Seek and find hope and peace in knowing that you're loved, chosen and under the shelter of the Almighty.

One of my favorite verses says..."Consider the Lillies"...if God takes care of the flowers of the fields and the animals of the earth...then of course he is going to take care of His children.

Just want to be an encouraging voice today and remind you that you are heirs to a Kingdom that can not be shaken by anything!  It can not be shaken by a bad day, a tragedy, an unhealthy relationship, death, a doubtful decision, alcohol, drugs, etc... Just stay by the heart of God and in the middle of His kingdom and He will pull you up to your feet and set you on solid ground.

Plus...how can you have a bad day when you look at these two precious children...

Handsome Colin

Beautiful Abigail

Go back to children's church and sing the song..."He's got the whole world in His Hand"...and then...believe the words and speak them over your life and the lives of the people around you.


No comments:

Post a Comment