Saturday, February 5, 2011

Kyle Abernathy

First of all...I want to thank you all for the money that you have so lovingly given to the foundation.  I can not wait to update you all on how the children are progressing and living life to the fullest on a daily basis.

Secondly...I want to introduce you to another precious child of this foundation ten year old Kyle Abernathy.  He has been diagnosed with with Ewing's Sarcoma which is a malignant round-cell tumor. It is a rare disease in which cancer cells are found in the bone or in soft tissue.


He is a precious little boy and he is going through so much...it is so sad to see him go through all of this when he is normally an outgoing little boy who loves to be active and now his life has to slow down. His father's name is Toby Abernathy and he is an amazing father who is there by his son's side every step of the way. Please pray for Kyle and his dad Toby and the rest of his family.  I wish I time to write more right now but I will be back on later to tell you more about him.

This picture was taken 2 years ago on the 4th of July.  He loves the water and I taught him to knee-board that day and he was better at knee-boarding in one day than I am and I have been knee-boarding for years.  He is such a great kid and I know he will beat this cancer and will be back on the water before long!

No comments:

Post a Comment