Sunday, January 30, 2011

Collin Jackson


I want to introduce to you...Colin Jackson...isn't he just precious!

Precious Colin and his family just got back from the happiest place on earth DISNEY WORLD!  Here is an adorable picture of his family (His daddy is Dale, his mommy is Sarah, and his big sister is Camille).  They said they had a blast and that Colin LOVED the merry-go-round and all of the lights!

Camille is such a great big sister and loves her little brother.


I get the joy of spending time with Colin twice a week for a couple of hours and it didn't even take one hour of spending time with him before he stole my heart.  He is so precious, so loving, and his hugs are one of a kind.  He wraps his cute arms around my neck so tight and I can feel the presence of God hugging me with Colin.  Here is yet another kid who is "In Rhythm" with the heart of God and you just know it when you spend time with him.  His laugh is contagious, he dances so cute to his toys that make music, he loves his oatmeal in the mornings, and he loves anything with lights.  I will share more about Colin later this week after I talk to his mom about Disney World and after I talk to her about his birth story.

I have only spent about 5 or 6 days with Colin but I can tell you right now that I am a better person for knowing him and getting to spend time with another child whose heart is so close to the heart of God.

Lessons God has taught me through Colin already:

1.  He has taught me to BE love to everyone you see.  I said...his hugs feel like the hugs of our amazing God so he has taught me to be as close to God as I can be so that I can pass on God's love to other's through my hugs.

2.  He has taught me to be the LIGHT of the world.  The last few times I have spent time with him...he loves for me to help him walk in the kitchen and then he sits on the floor close to the light switches so that I have to stand by the light switches.  We worked on him saying the word "on" and it did not take him long before he said it with ease.  Everytime Colin would say the word "on" I would turn on the lights.  After a few minutes of him enjoying the lights, I would turn the lights off and it doesn't take him long to say the word "on" again so he can enjoy the lights even more.  I kept wondering why Colin likes lights so much and I believe that Colin loves the lights ON so much because he knows that being the LIGHT of the world is the most important thing to be in a world that is so dark.

So a few questions tonight...If you are a Christian, then you have a light to shine for Jesus, are you hiding your light...or do you, like Colin, constantly want your light to be "ON" for the world to see?

Are you striving to be so close to Jesus that people can feel God in your hugs, actions, and in your everyday daily tasks?

Tonight I pray that we all become more and more like precious Colin Jackson and I pray that every morning you will ask God to allow your light to shine for Him so that you can be a constant witness of God's love for this world just as Colin continues to do everyday.




1 comment: