Monday, January 24, 2011

In Rhythm Foundation


What if the meaning of special needs is not a label for children who are born with difficulties...what if the term special needs is for us people who label ourselves as "normal" so that we realize that we NEED these SPECIAL children.




This is sweet Abigail playing my guitar and she has good rhythm!  I believe with all my heart that Abigail and children who have certain special needs and difficulties are closest to the heart of God than anyone else in this world.  I believe that their hearts are In Rhythm with the heart of our amazing God and to know and understand these amazing children is to know and understand the Creator of the Universe.


God has heavily put on my heart to become a voice and to help families that have children who have special needs. I want people to be changed by these children, to love these children, to accept these children, and to understand how to interact with these children. I KNOW the world would be a better place if people would take the time to get to know and spend time with these amazing children and to know their stories.  On the next post...I will be sharing how Abigail has changed my life and continues to do so daily.

I have three main goals for this foundation:


1. My first goal for this foundation is to raise money and give 100% of the money raised to the families of the children who are In Rhythm with the heart of God.  This money will be able to help with medical expenses, new equipment that the children may need to help better their way of living, etc...


2. My second goal for this foundation is to tell the stories of the children and their families, to help people understand how to interact with the children, and to help people become closer to the heart of God by becoming closer to these children.


3. My third goal for this foundation is to help the families of special needs children know that they have a support system and that they are not all alone.


I will be updating the blog as much as possible to share stories of the children, to give tips on how to interact with special needs children, to share how the foundations money is being spent, to give updates on how the faces of this foundation are progressing, and to update you on events that will take place to raise money for the foundation.


If you would like to send money to the In Rhythm Foundation...please send a check or cash to:


In Rhythm Foundation
444 Gordon Circle
LaGrange, Ga
30240


Thank you ahead of time for all of your love and support.


I can see this foundation growing so big that we will eventually be able to take funds over to special needs orphanages in different countries but first I want to start by helping the families and children of this community and communities surrounding ours.

3 comments:

  1. God Bless you for starting this wonderful foundation for all of these adorable children!!!!!
    We love you,
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey... this is AWESOME! I think you have such an amazing gift......BIG LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing you are to all children everywhere Brookie! I think your new mininstry is amazing and I look so forward to hearing the stories and wonderful works you will be doing with these precious children of God. Please let me know if you ever have any special needs for your ministry. I am here for you!
    Love you sweet girl,
    Ms. Cindy

    ReplyDelete