Wednesday, March 9, 2011

True Heroes

In the past few weeks there have been two questions that have come up that I constantly had to answer in high school and college.  I have to write essays, papers, and speeches on both of these questions.  The first question was...If you could pick three things to take with you if you were on an island by yourself, what would it be and why?  The second question was...Who is your hero and why?  These questions were always so hard to me, mainly because I have tons of people I look up too (heroes) and tons of things I would talk to an island.  Everytime I was asked this question, I changed my answers but today I could answer them easily today and never change my answers again.  I am just glad I don't have to write an essay for a grade anymore!

3 things I would take to an island:

I use to answer this question as to take things with me so that I could figure out how to get off the island and back home but now that I am 25...I would take...

1. A rocking chair so that I could sit still and watch the water crash onto the rocks, so that I could meditate on God's beauty, and so that I could slow down time.  Time goes by way to fast because I am always so busy so to sit and be still would be great!




2. A four-wheeler so that I could go exploring the island and check out everything around me and because my family always takes them to the beach and we have so much fun riding in and out of the shallow part of the water.  There is something about the water splashing on your feet on a hot day at the beach that refresheses my soul.


3. I would bring my little cousin Hanna along because that child makes me so proud and I love experiences life through her eyes and by her side. She is awesome and makes me strive to be a better person since the day she was born and I held her in my arms. She is always entertaining, she makes me laugh harder than anyone in this world, and you never know what she is going to say. That would make for an interesting island trip!


As for the second question...easy, easy, easy answer...my heroes are the children of this foundation. The joy they bring is unexplainable and I cherish every single second I spend with them. They have strength beyond our wildest imagination, they are true fighters, and they have more motivation than 100 people put together. The foundation has been helping out the children a lot and I will update you on that soon but here are some pictures of my heroes and my time with some of them that I have put in my treasure box memory chest! Also, I will show you a few pictures of Noah and Jake...the two incredible newest faces of the foundation...they are just precious! I can't wait to share their stories with you.


Sweet Abigail during occupational therapy...so glad her mommy sent me this picture!



I got to visit the Battles for awhile and played basketball (or bakiiitball as Charlie says) with Sam and Charlie.



I get to see Colin twice a week and he is just the sweetest little boy you will ever meet.



Meet handsome Jake!



Meet adorable Noah!



Please keep praying for Kyle with his cancer battle...we believe prayer changes things. Please pray for his dad Toby and his brother's and sister's as well and they help him fight and are by his side every step of the way.


I will sign off from the quote in a song by Brooke Fraser and one by Rascal Flatts that I promise to the children of this foundation:

Brooke Fraser: "Now that I have seen, I am responsible, faith without deeds is dead, now that I have held you in my own arms, I can not let go until you are supported, understood, treated equally, and loved by others as you should be"

Rascal Flatts: "Your not alone...I will stand by you, I will help you through, when you have done all you can do and you can't call, I will dry your eyes, I will fight your fight, I will hold you tight, and I won't let go"

No comments:

Post a Comment